Thursday, March 26, 2015

ENTRY

THIS POST ORIGINALLY CONTAINED THE SHORT STORY, "FAT CHANCE" “Fat Chance” (circa early 90s) was a tough sell....one editor told me she “couldn't with any kind of conscience” run such a story. I finally placed it in a beautiful German Journal called THE MOWER ('93? '94?) and they ran it both in English and translated into German, along with another story I wrote. It was a great journal----featured gorgeous color plates and a split 7” single with Clutch----and that was my first exposure to that band, whom I liked very much. Still do.
Guy ODs to Johnny Mathis marathon on the radio....cute gimmick. The suicide was fake----the pain was very real and very personal. It was a good picture of my life at that time. Art---whether it was poetry, fiction, music with a band or a picture----its creation, perpetuation and preservation, was the only reason I didn't blow my goddamn fucking head off back in those days. It serves me well even now.
What I would tell anyone going through similar hurt is, put it out there and make it your gift to the world. You could save your own life, and who knows? You might save someone else's.
You never know.

No comments:

Post a Comment