Friday, September 11, 2015

NOVEL EXCERPT--THE EASTER EGG HUNT


Day off won't see Jane O God O Sacred Heart O
drunk again sitting at the table someone Paul or Hamilton I can't figure blows by and smugs something about “if your idea of enjoyment is drinking piss and losing control of your actions....Sorry, Cal....”
It's raining out

Copyright 1991 C.F. Roberts/2015 Molotov Editions

##################################################

Believe it or not I don't do this blog to toot my own horn (What am I gonna say? “Here's this Kerouac ripoff I shat out in my 20's which is presently languishing in unpublished limbo----Yay Me?”) I'm a fuckin' writer, I'm into writing, sharing writing and talking about writing and the whole process has probably saved my life any number of times.
Going through my manuscript for THE EASTER EGG HUNT for some future bloggage I found this one passage which I'm still pretty happy with. Ending the passage with no punctuation the way I did here is something I'm still actually very proud of.

COMING SOON TO USELESS FILTH: 3 WALKS/ 3 DAYS

“The Walk” (1994)
HELLO, UGLY (1990)
THE EASTER EGG HUNT (1991)
along with a few smatterings of dreary shop talk.

THIS WEEK'S PLAYLIST:
FAITH NO MORE-Best of FNM
THE MOTHERS OF INVENTION-Freak Out
FRANK ZAPPA-Overnight Sensation
THE RESIDENTS-Hallowed be thy Ween

No comments:

Post a Comment